Preparation Area (Fish, Meat, Poultry)
1. Program: Provide dedicated enclosed rooms for preparing
products for proper storage.
• Separate products into categories of poultry, fish
and meat and transfer into dedicated room for processing.
• Products processed and placed in holding compartment
of appropriate refrigerated storage room.
2. Location: Adjacent to unloading area of Receiving and
connects Receiving to Walk-in Complex.
3. Equipment: Provide specialized equipment for each food
category to wash, uncrate and prepare product for storage
including the following for each processing compartment:
• Worktables with two prep sinks
• Water hose / hose reel
• Floor drain
• Hand sinks
4. HVAC: Maintain area temperature at 15o C (60o F)
5. Finishes –Preparation Area:
• Floors: Paver tile
• Base: Paver tile
• Walls: Ceramic tile
• Ceiling: Accessible, washable acoustical tile on
corrosion resistant grid and supports.
1. Program: Provide dedicated area in Kitchen for first
stages of bulk vegetable preparation.
2. Location: Area in Main Kitchen adjacent to Walk-In Refrigerator
Complex and Cold Prep area.
3. Equipment: Provide for bulk vegetable preparation, but
not limited to the following:
• Potato peeler
• Salad spinner
• Worktables with 2-compartment sink
• Hand sink
4. Finishes – Pre-Prep:
• Floors: Paver tile (same as Main Kitchen) or seamless
• Base: Paver tile or seamless base
• Walls: Ceramic tile or Fiber Reinforced Panels (FR-FRFP)
• Ceilings: Accessible acoustical tile on corrosion
resistant grid and supports.