Ice Production - Main Kitchen
1. Program: Dedicated space and equipment for the production
and storage of ice for kitchen use.
2. Equipment: Water-cooled, self-contained compressor system.
• When selecting, consider low noise, heat gain, ventilation,
unit size, height and capacity / efficiency of unit.
• Verify ceiling height at ice bin location prior
3. Ice Machines: Select size and ice bin capacity according
to market study and demand for ice production
Typically, base on 32o C ambient, 21o C water (90o F ambient,
70o F water) temperature:
4. Water Filter: Size to accommodate cube and flaked ice
machine capacities. Locate filter in easily accessible location
5. Ice Bin: Select style based on ice quantity demand (low
or high) and size bin for 150% of daily production capacity.
If in remote location, provide mobile, insulated carts for
• Low: Provide one split bin with cube and flake ice
machine mounted on top.
• High: Provide separate higher capacity bins for
6. Unit Fabrication: Fully insulated with stainless steel
or polypropylene interior and stainless steel exterior.
• Provide floor grate and trough in front of ice bin
to capture excess water runoff.
• Provide funnel drain for cube maker and bin located
outside of traffic circulation path.
8. Finishes – Ice Production:
• Floor: Paver tile (same as Main Kitchen) or seamless
• Base: Paver tile or seamless base
• Walls: Ceramic tile wainscot on concrete masonry;
epoxy painted above
• Ceiling: Accessible acoustical tile on corrosion
resistant grid and supports