Fire forces guests out of Atlanta hotel
Published: May 14, 2008 at 1:11 PM
Print story Email to a friend Font size:ATLANTA, May
14 (UPI) -- About 700 guests at the Marriott Marquis
Hotel in downtown Atlanta were forced out of their
rooms by a fire followed by a chlorine leak.
The fire was reported Tuesday evening in a storage
closet on one of the hotel's parking decks, the Atlanta
Journal-Constitution reported Wednesday. The chlorine
leaked from the air-conditioning system, firefighters
Firefighters contained the blaze just before midnight
and guests were allowed to return early Wednesday.
They were provided shelter in the Hilton hotel nearby.
Bill May, a spokesman for Atlanta Fire-Rescue, said
no injuries were reported