The Long Grove Fire District was called to a home under construction
for a fire in the garage. According to Chief Greg Cook, construction
workers heard water running and looked
into the garage to find a white haze of smoke and two sprinklers running.
Fire officials said the fire started after rags with some refinishing
chemicals left in a a construction debris pile spontaneously combusted.
The house valued at $2 million suffered
minimal smoke and water damage,but there was no fire damage.The
fire occurred just weeks before the house closing.
According to the builder, Donald Silsch, Constant Custom Homes,
when construction workers first heard the water they thought something
was wrong with the fire sprinkler system.
Then they realized there was a fire. Silsch has a fire sprinkler
system in his home.
Back to Sprinkler Success