|Walter Brothers Roofing Building Villa Park Villa Park/Oakbrook
Fire broke out when an employee working on a forklift broke the natural
gas line of a suspended space heater.
According to Villa Park Fire Chief Robert Wilson, an automatic
alarm alerted the Fire Department that the sprinkler system activated.
When firefighters arrived on the scene,Wilson
said there was a light haze of smoke,but no fire.“The only
thing we had to do was turn off the sprinklers,”Wilson said.
Two sprinklers activated and extinguished the fire.The employee
shut off the gas. Wilson estimated $300 in damages, including water.
Back to Sprinkler Success