• Wet Lounge: Locate Sauna in a common “wet
area” adjacent to steam room, whirl pool and
dip pools, if programmed.
• Shower: Position Sauna near locker room showers
a common wet zone to avoid traversing dry areas.
• Accessibility: Accessible to persons with
• Construction: Commercial; prefabricated redwood
or cedar walls, ceiling, two tiered benches, heater
guard and removable ductboard floor.
• Insulation: Minimum of R11; continuous foil
faced vapor barrier.
• Floor: Waterproof, when above occupied area.
• Door and Frame: Prefabricated wood with insulated,
tempered glass vision panel for passive surveillance
• Controls: Time and temperature; programmable.
• Heater: Commercial grade, wall mounted, electric,
stainless construction with rocks; sized per sauna
volume. Typically sized to maintain 65o to 82o C.
(150o to 180o F)
Provide equipment operation signage and safety signage
adjacent to timer and temperature control at exterior
of sauna. • Lock: Provide a keyed, deadbolt
lock (no interior
function) to permit management to secure room.