Construction Details: Ensure that acoustic
construction details for required rated assemblies are
These details, typically include the following:
• In stud framing, setting the toe
of perimeter (base, wall and head) framing members in
• Following recommended product manufacturer’s
acoustic control details, etc.
• Sealing the perimeter of wall where
it meets other surfaces.
• Offsetting and sealing electrical receptacle boxes
in party walls.
• Designs that mitigate plumbing and
mechanical generated noise above ceilings and in chases.
• Spacing of HVAC supply and return
grills to prevent noise migration from guestroom to guestroom;
providing sound and acoustic baffles in ductwork.
Door / Frame Details: Provide construction
to achieve acoustic rating of adjoining wall as noted
• Fill hollow frames solid with fiber
insulation. Include door perimeter seals and door bottom
seals at connector doors. • Provide thresholds for
positive door seal contact (entry and connector doors).
• Do not undercut doors to allow return air if it
circumvents the sound isolation objectives noted above.