Hotel Evacuated After Minor Fire
Posted: 2:30 pm July 14, 2009
A Somerset County hotel was evacuated for some time
Tuesday morning after a minor fire.
Everyone at the Quality Inn near the turnpike in
Somerset was evacuated around 10 a.m. as a precaution.
The manager said the power went out, causing the
transformer to blow one of the hotel's generators.
There were no smoke or flames, but an electrical smell
lingered in parts of the building.
Fire crews had the situation under control within
20 minutes and the manager said no one was hurt.
There were about 50 rooms occupied at the time, and
power was back up and running by noon.