Blaze at residential
hotel damages 10 rooms
Residents of about 25 rooms of an Airway Heights
residential hotel were relocated to other rooms after
a fire broke out early Thursday morning.
The fire started in an electrical room in one wing
of the Airway Express Inn at 3809 S. Geiger Blvd.,
said Nick Scharff, chief of Spokane County Fire District
10. About 40 firefighters responded to the call, which
came in around 4:40 a.m. No one was injured.
Scharff said fire and smoke damage was limited to
about 10 rooms, but the power was blown in the entire
wing. The hotel has several wings, and each has its
own electrical room.
“It could be days, if not weeks, to get the
power restored there,” Scharff said.
The American Red Cross is at the hotel assisting
the displaced residents.